The Halstead Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Central Kansas Community Foundation, will be accepting applications for its 2020 grant cycle Tuesday, May 19 through Friday, June 12. HCF grants aim to invest in local service and community projects/programs that focus on meeting a need or enhancing Halstead.
Applications are available for electronic submission at givehalstead.org/apply/grants. All 501(c)(3) charitable organizations serving the community of Halstead are encouraged to apply.
“Our goal is to financially assist local nonprofits, schools, churches and civic groups who seek to positively impact the community,” said HCF Director Macey Mueller. “The funds used to make these grants come from our community members and businesses who are passionate about enriching lives in Halstead.”
A few recent projects funded by HCF grants include appliances and supplies for the Dragon Den at Halstead Middle School, new tables and chairs for the Halstead Senior Center, digital preservation of slides for the Halstead Historical Society and a fresh fruits and vegetables program at the Neighbors Store food pantry.
Approximately $9,400 in grant monies are available for distribution this year through the HCF grant cycle:
- The Halstead Impact Fundhas approximately $5,700 available for the purpose of supporting charitable projects/programs that benefit those in the Halstead
- The Kansas Health Foundation Fund-Halsteadhas approximately $3,700 to underwrite solutions to local health issues and for the protection and promotion of the health and well-being of individuals and their communities through the encouragement of healthy lifestyles, behaviors and environments.
About the Halstead Community Foundation
Halstead Community Foundation was founded in 2010 by a group of dedicated Halstead citizens to assist in providing resources for a broad range of existing and future charitable needs in the Halstead, Kansas area. The mission of the Halstead Community Foundation is to enhance the quality of educational, cultural, civic and economic life in Halstead both today and in the future by:
- Enabling donors to fulfill their charitable interests
- Building a permanent endowment
- Facilitating prudent management and care of funds
- Meeting community needs through grants, awards and scholarships.
About the Central Kansas Community Foundation
Our mission: Building Stronger Communities through Charitable Giving. Our vision is being the leader in philanthropy in the communities we serve, connecting donors with meaningful programs and causes, strengthening charitable organizations, providing leadership on local and regional issues, and building permanent community resources. Together We Can Accomplish Great Things!