The Halstead Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Central Kansas Community Foundation, is now accepting applications for its 2019 grant cycle. All 501(c)(3) charitable organizations serving the community of Halstead are encouraged to apply. HCF grants aim to invest in local service and community projects/programs that focus on meeting a need or enhancing Halstead.
“Our grant cycle funds provide opportunities for local nonprofits, schools, churches and civic groups to develop creative initiatives that positively impact the community,” said HCF Director Macey Mueller. “The money used to make these grants is a direct result of financial support from community members and businesses who value growth and collaboration in Halstead.”
A few recent projects funded by HCF grants include push-button handicap accessible doors at the Halstead Public Library, the purchase of three automated external defibrillators for the Halstead Police Department and the creation of the Anam Cara club at Halstead High School to help girls build confidence, learn about healthy relationships and navigate the challenges of high school.
Approximately $8,800 in grant monies are available for distribution this year through the HCF grant cycle:
- The Halstead Impact Fund has approximately $5,300 available for the purpose of supporting charitable projects/programs that benefit those in the Halstead
- The Kansas Health Foundation Fund-Halstead has approximately $3,500 to underwrite solutions to local health issues and for the protection and promotion of the health and well-being of individuals and their communities through the encouragement of healthy lifestyles, behaviors and environments.
Applications are available for electronic submission at givehalstead.org. Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on May 31, 2019.
About the Halstead Community Foundation
Halstead Community Foundation was founded in 2010 by a group of dedicated Halstead citizens to assist in providing resources for a broad range of existing and future charitable needs in the Halstead, Kansas area. The mission of the Halstead Community Foundation is to enhance the quality of educational, cultural, civic and economic life in Halstead both today and in the future by:
- Enabling donors to fulfill their charitable interests
- Building a permanent endowment
- Facilitating prudent management and care of funds
- Meeting community needs through grants, awards and scholarships.
About the Central Kansas Community Foundation
Our mission: Building Stronger Communities through Charitable Giving. Our vision is being the leader in philanthropy in the communities we serve, connecting donors with meaningful programs and causes, strengthening charitable organizations, providing leadership on local and regional issues, and building permanent community resources. Together We Can Accomplish Great Things!