The Halstead Community Foundation (HCF), an affiliate of Central Kansas Community Foundation, announces that its 2017 Grant applications will be accepted starting May 1, 2017. All 501 (c) (3) charitable organizations serving the community of Halstead are encouraged to apply. The purpose of these grants is to invest in local service and community project/programs that focus on the enhancement of the Halstead community.
The 2017 Halstead Community Foundation Grant cycle aims to support organizations with project/programs that directly impact the community of Halstead. The project/program should be designed to meet a need or enhance Halstead. Approximately $8,300 in grant monies are available for distribution this year through the Halstead Community Foundation Grant cycle:
- The Halstead Impact Fund has approximately $4,800 available for the purpose of supporting charitable project/programs that benefit those in the Halstead
- The Kansas Health Foundation Fund-Halstead has approximately $3,500 to underwrite solutions to local health issues and for the protection and promotion of the health and well-being of individuals and their communities through the encouragement of healthy lifestyles, behaviors, and environments.
Applications are available for electronic submission at www.centralkansascf.org. Deadline for submission is May 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Grants will be awarded Friday, August 11, 2017 at an event sponsored by HCF.
For more information, please contact JaLayna Carmichael, HCF Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-680-6271; or Brenda Sooter, CKCF Program Officer – Grants, at Brendasooter@centralkansascf.org or 316-283-5474.
About the Halstead Community Foundation
Halstead Community Foundation was founded in 2010 by a group of dedicated Halstead citizens to assist in providing resources for a broad range of existing and future charitable needs in the Halstead, Kansas area. The mission of the Halstead Community Foundation is to enhance the quality of educational, cultural, civic and economic life in Halstead both today and in the future by:
- Enabling donors to fulfill their charitable interests
- Building a permanent endowment
- Facilitating prudent management and care of funds
- Meeting community needs through grants, awards, and scholarships.
About the Central Kansas Community Foundation
Our mission: Building Stronger Communities through Charitable Giving. Our vision is being the leader in philanthropy in the communities we serve, connecting donors with meaningful programs and causes, strengthening charitable organizations, providing leadership on local and regional issues, and building permanent community resources. Together We Can Accomplish Great Things!